All Things Victorian

All Things Victorian
Victoriana Lady Lisa

Saturday, April 23, 2011

My Book Shoot At Schiffer Publishing Ltd.


My Book Shoot At Schiffer Publishing Ltd.

My book shoot at Schiffer Publishing the past few days was AWESOME!!!!!! Very tedious work, but so exciting!!! I thoroughly enjoyed setting up the layouts for the photo pages. I can let my creative juices flow. :) Here is a sample shot of my favorite Edwardian hat c.1900, perfect for an Easter Bonnet.


The staff and my editor Doug Congdon Martin at Schiffer are wonderful to work with and very hospitable. We had everything we needed, even food and beverages, thanks everyone!!


One more peek from the book-
 This is one of my favorites, the adorable black leather boots on the right belonged to the baby in the photo, who lived to be 100 years old! I can't imagine trying to fasten these Victorian booties on a squirming baby with the button hook! (Please forgive my computer, the photos will be crystal clear in the book.)

Rebecca Grant, John's phenom photography daughter is totally amazing!!!! A recent graduate of RIT, she is doing the photos for my book on Victorian and Edwardian Fashions & Accessories. 



 The Mourning Angel, shot by John Thomas Grant, which will be in Final Thoughts published by Schiffer.


John got to see the galleys for his book Final Thoughts due out in October this year!!!! It is all so exciting!!!! Between creating with my sweetie John and my spot on the Oddities program tonight on the Science Channel at 10:00 pm, I am having the best birthday weekend ever!!!!

 Victorian historian/author/speaker Victoriana Lady Lisa in 2nd year last 6 months antique Mourning attire.

3 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Lisa!!!

    I wish I could be joining you tonight for the viewing of Oddities!! I am taping it on the DVR though since I will be at work.
    The pics are outstanding and I am so very happy for you and so very proud to have you as my friend!!

    Much love to you on your Birthday weekend!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lisa! Love the baby shoes photo!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both, you are such treasured friends to me. :)Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete