All Things Victorian

All Things Victorian
Victoriana Lady Lisa

Monday, October 22, 2012

Update On My Victorian & Edwardian Book

The Fashionable Victorians & Edwardians by Victoriana Lady Lisa



 Victoriana Lady Lisa in circa late 1890's ensemble from her traveling museum collection.
Photo by Rebecca Grant at The Stegmaier Mansion B&B



It's often said that projects take longer than you think they will and in this case it's true. I began writing my book The Fashionable Victorians & Edwardians back in early 2011. I took a break after only a few months into it since my Steampunk chapter outgrew the book. I was then approached by my publisher to do a Steampunk fashion book exclusively. I'm proud to say that International Steampunk Fashions is now available for pre-order on Amazon and Barnes & Noble online. It will hit book stores in January.





This international phenomena showcases works by contributors such as G.D. Falksen, Everlyn Kriete, Jon Magnificent, Kato of Steampunk Couture, Lex Machina, Lee Ann Farruga, Daniel Proulx, The League of S.T.E.A.M., Cris Ortega, Jema Hewitt, Dim Horizon Studio, Starkall, Empire Art, Abney Park, Brute Force Studios, Veronique Chevalier, and many more.


***To order copies of International Steampunk Fashions on Amazon:  http://tinyurl.com/8p7bcf7 


Kato of Steampunk Couture is one of the featured models


Fast forward to my first book, John and I have been busy lining up models and shooting various accessories as well. The book is to be a 350 page full color coffee table size compendium, a hard cover no less. It will include photos from my traveling museum collection, other private collectors, museum pieces and authentic antique photos and old fashion ads.



Victoriana Lady Lisa's ancestors, Hannah & daughter Ella Mae Martin, circa late 1860-early 1870.
My ancestors were my inspiration for my traveling museum collection.



A Parisian fashion ad circa 1890-1900.




An antique corset ad



Model Emma Quateman wearing a circa 1900 dress and hat from my traveling museum collection.
Photo by John Thomas Grant.



Model Brandi Barra in a beautiful dress that she created from the Neo-Victorian chapter.



From the Steampunk chapter, lovely model Joan Nakamoto.





From the accessories chapter, an antique engagement ring, handkerchief and marriage certificate.
Photo by John Thomas Grant.



From the Steampunk chapter, a lovely Victorian style necklace from artisan Daniel Proulx.





Victoriana Lady Lisa modeling antique swimwear. Photo at Rockport Beach, MA by John Thomas Grant.




Lonna Miller & The Ladies of Locust Grove in their Edwardian finery.




From the Mourning chapter, Victoriana Lady Lisa in circa 1880 Widows Weeds.
 Photo by John Thomas Grant.



From the Sleepwear chapter, Victoriana Lady Lisa in a circa 1900 night gown from her collection taken at the Stegmaier Mansion B&B. Photo by Rebecca Grant.


Stay tuned for more updates...



4 comments:

  1. Had a scroll through and read some of your recent adventures. Beautiful dresses and outfits. You could truly call it fashion, not like today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your book, it looks wonderful! Yours is the second blog I've read today on the topic of steampunk, so I have learned something new today. Thankyou! Gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    Hello , my friend!! I am so happy for you that your books are finally becoming reality.
    Things have been crazy here... Joe had surgery, I am finally feeling better after being ill for the first part of the year and of course, I am as busy as always and still working!!
    I am crafting my head off now , preparing for the Oblates Craft Fair. Will email you soon...

    MISS YOU MUCH!
    Many Hugs and Much Love,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a Gargie Award, or a very inspiring blogger award, take your pick :)

    ReplyDelete