All Things Victorian

All Things Victorian
Victoriana Lady Lisa

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Victorian Grandmother's Recipe Inspires That Nutty Redhead Praline Gourmet Nuts

Victorian Grandmother Ella Mae Martin's Recipe Inspires That Nutty Redhead Praline Gourmet Nuts

My Maternal Victorian era Grandmother Ella Mae Martin, the inspiration for That Nutty Redhead Praline Gourmet Nuts 


Candied nuts in the Victorian era were called *Burnt Almonds.* Here's the recipe that my Praline nuts are based on from my maternal Grandmother Ella Mae Martin's cookbook. Grandma knew best!



 Ella Mae Martin's circa 1900 cookbook and hand written recipes.



 Ella Mae as a young girl on right, and as an older woman on left, with recipe for Burnt Almonds marked with an X.



 Ella Mae's father, Samuel J. Martin, was a Quarter Master Sergeant in the Union Army during the Civil War. Her children grew up to own a candy factory in PA. I learned to bake, cook, and make confections at any early grade school age.  I have many of the original family recipes, my ancestors inspired all that I do. You could say that I'm picking up where my family left off.
Ella Mae's parents emigrated from England in the early1850's.

I currently have a Kickstarter entreprenuer project to raise capital for another nut machine and bar code/nutrition printed pacakging, to keep up with the growing demand. Whole Foods is interested in my all natural, GMO FREE nut blends.

I greatly appreciate if you can support me in any way! I have wonderful backer rewards and each person will get 10% off all orders once the campaign is successfully funded.
Thanks for your kind support!!

***************************************************************************
That Nutty Redhead is honored to be a Kickstarter Staff Pick!! Click here for details:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1019762443/that-nutty-redhead-praline-gourmet-nuts?ref=nav_search 

*****************************************************************************
Note: You are not charged until the project reaches its goal successfully. 
Support with confidence, Kickstarter makes all projects accountable to their project plan.


1 comment:

  1. This place is one of the most beautiful, and unique meeting rooms in the entire city (especially for an event). We had exactly the type of event we wanted

    ReplyDelete