All Things Victorian

All Things Victorian
Victoriana Lady Lisa (Photo by John Thomas Grant Photography)

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Proud To Be Of Irish Descent

                                    Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 



I love working on genealogy. I'm very proud of my Irish heritage, my 3rd great grandfather, surname O'Reilly, was from County Cavan. He emigrated to America in 1851 due to the potato famine, and settled in northeastern PA.


My great-great-great grandfather Constable William O'Riley (sometimes spelled Reilly) led the St. Patrick's Day parade in his hometown many for years.



Constable William O' Riley circa 1888 with his faithful Irish Setter Rover 



William O' Riley's grandson (my great grandfather) Anselm Riley, 1914



Anselm's sister Margaret Riley, 1914



Anselm's daughter, (my grandmother) Marguerite Riley, circa 1930









Victoriana Lady Lisa- Bringing history to life since 2003

To book a program please contact me - Victorianaladylisa@gmail.com

 References available upon request


2 comments: