All Things Victorian

All Things Victorian
Victoriana Lady Lisa

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Proud To Be Of Irish Descent

                                    Happy St. Patrick's Day!! 



I love working on genealogy. I'm very proud of my Irish heritage, my ancestors were from Dublin. They emigrated to America in the 1840's, due to the potato famine, and settled in north eastern PA.


My great-great-great grandfather Constable William O'Riley (sometimes spelled Reilly) led the St. Patrick's Day parade in his hometown many for years.



Constable William O' Riley 1904



William O' Riley's grandson (my great grandfather) Anselm Riley, 1914



Anselm's sister Margaret Riley, 1914



Anselm's daughter, (my grandmother) Marguerite Riley, circa 1930







1 comment:

  1. Happy St.Patrick's Day, Lisa! Some of my ancestors came over from Ireland.

    ReplyDelete